Hi, I am Manish Malik (aka m2n) from India. I am presently working with VMware as a Software Developer.
Member of Technical Staff, VMwareSep 2018 - Present
• I am working with vRealize Network Insight (vRNI) team of Cloud Management Business Unit(CMBU) in VMware.
• My day to day tasks involves, implementing various features in the product which are used in monitoring and analytics of virtual and physical networks. I also fix bugs and handle customer escalations involved in various part of the product.
• I also POC new technology/methods which improved the product. Some of my work was also filed for Patents.
Software Engineer, Adobe SystemsJul 2016 - Aug 2018
• I am primarily working with Adobe Analytics team. More specifically I am working under data migration team of Adobe Analytics.
• My work is to improve the quality of the migrations, in doing so I wrote several tools (in Python and Node.js to validate and detect the migration errors or presenting PoC for different technologies, which could improve validation process.
• Also worked on building internal tools which are used in CI and CD.
Open Source Developer, ModSecurity (GSoC)May 2016 - Aug 2016
• ModSecurity is an opensource org. which provides web application firewall. Recently, ModSecurity have been redesigned from the scratch and splitted into cores and connectors.
• My work was to create a robust connector for ModSecurity in Nodejs, as there aren’t many WAFs available for Nodejs.
Full Stack Developer Intern, WishupDec 2015- April 2016
• I am actively involved in the team which is building real-time chatting dashboard (using sails pubsub support and socket.io).This dashboard handles over +15k active monthly users.
• The back-end was built using modern MVC framework Sails.js which based on Node.js and dashboard built using Angular.js.
Open Source Developer, Rspamd (GSoC)May 2015 - Aug 2015
• Rspamd is an opensource org. for spam filtering. It comes up with a web interface which currently doesn’t support encryption at all.
-  M. Ahmad and M. Malik. Design of chaotic neural network based method for cryptographic substitution box. IEEE-Xplore, 2016.
-  A. Chopra, M. Ahmad, and M. Malik. An enhanced modulo based image encryption. IEEE-Xplore, 2015.
Masters in Computer Science, Georgia Institute of Technology2020
Online Masters in Computer Science (OMSCS), specialization in Machine Learning. Completed Courses:
- Deep Learning (CS-7643)
- Info Sec Lab Binexp (CS 6265)
- Intro to Information Security (CS 6035)
- Artificial Intelligence (CS 6601)
- Big Data Analytics for Healthcare (CSE 6250)
- Reinforcement Learning (CS 7642)
- Machine Learning (CS 7641)
- Machine Learning for Trading (CS 7646)
- Graduate Algorithms (CS 8803 GA)
- Introduction to High Performance Computing (CSE-6220)
Advanced Computer Security Certificate, Stanford University2016-2017
Online courses undertaken for this Certificate:
- XACS101 - Software Security Foundations
- XACS255 - Network Security
- XACS215 - Mobile Security
- XACS130 - Using Cryptography Correctly
- XACS131 - Writing Secure Code
- XACS133 - Exploiting and Protecting Web Applications
B.Tech in Computer Engineering, Jamia Millia Islamia2012-2016